How to Use Trellis Netting in the Garden for Desired Plantation
Garden trellises made with netting have cultural advantages over single raffia twine.Trellis netting supports vining plants and help them stand properly. It is a common gardening tool used to protect and support vines. When used, trellis supports safeguards vines from pests, insects and ground-rot. It ensures that the plants do not have to come into contact with the ground, while ensuring that they grow properly at the same time. Gardeners learn how to use trellis netting for circulation of air, exposure to sunlight and pollination in the garden. The device is made using steel, nylon and plastic. Trellises are tied and stretch around a frame to serve its purpose. The net is light-weighted but strong.
Different Ways to Use Trellis Netting in the GardenInstalling a plastic trellis in the garden is relatively easy. However, the installation of this plastic net depends mainly on how one wants to apply it.
- Installation Against the wall
- Installation of a Stand-Alone
- Drive a rebar at the spot where you want your trellis.
- Take measurement of the height for the trellis on the pipe
- Bend the pipe into a 90-degree angle
- Fit the two PVC pipes in the rebar and set up the pipes for connection
- Trim the pipe to suit the size of the raised bed.
- Connect the pipe using a coupling. Be prepared to bend the pipe a little to fit into the structure.
- Take away the rebar from the framework and bring out your trellis net.
- Using the nylon strings at the edge of the trellis net, tie it to the sides of the frame. Start from the corners of the frame and make sure that it stretches across the frame.
Advantages Using Trellis Netting in the GardenTrellis nets can benefit your garden in many ways. It guides vine plants towards growing upwards as opposed to inappropriate sprawling. This netting could also guide handful fruits such as pumpkin is similar fashion but requires slings to achieve this purpose. Knowing how to use trellising nets in your garden is a perfect way to begin to derive the benefit of this fantastic garden tool. Once you install it, you begin to notice that your vining plant is properly guided and grown. You should note, however, that it is necessary for you to use trellis net with visible colours to avoid injuring. Similarly, endeavour to keep the trellis netting away from the children.
HORTOMALLAS manufactures and markets crop support nettings (trellising and tutoring as alternatives to the raffia twine labor intensive traditional system) that increase crop quality. Our Mission is to: INCREASE VEGETABLE CROP YIELD AND PROFITABILITY TO ALL THOSE VEGETABLES THAT NEED TUTORING AND SUPPORT USING NETTING INSTEAD OF RAFFIA. Since 1994 we help professional growers and farmers improve their cucumber, tomatoes, melon, zucchini, bean, chile, peppers crops where trellises and supports are needed. HORTOMALLAS is the ideal system for cucurbitacea and solonacea to improve their phytosanitary conditions, while increasing the solar exposure and the brix degrees. Besides the obvious labor costs savings, the use of HORTOMALLAS increases the life span of the plant, allowing longer periods of harvests and of a greater quality. Call us, our crop specialists will help you with specialized attention in the Americas and the Iberian Peninsula!